Chapter 2

 I would comment on the blog that there is no specific "singing center" of the brain, but a combination of different parts of the brain working together in a most intricate and complex way to process the ability to hear, to recognize music, to move the throat to make sound, to actually sing. I would also say that it takes trained professionals to conduct and interpret those scans and images. 

I could not think of how to stretch those two sentences into two paragraphs. I also realized that I had only saved this as a draft and didn't publish it when I went to look for a comment, so I missed the deadline. But it would bother me if I was missing a Chapter 2 title so I will publish it anyway :)

Comments

  1. One suggestion for expanding this post is to use the material in the chapter to identify some of the brain regions that might be involved in singing. For example, the temporal lobe is likely important for monitoring pitch and volume (it contains the auditory cortex), the hippocampus is likely important for learning songs, and the motor cortex and cerebellum are likely important for producing the actual actions required to produce sound. However, you have highlighted the broader critical point that complex behaviours require coordination among many brain areas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment